CommEngage and EngageTech World News
Every week engage2 finds the best & latest stories of our industry interests from across the world and share them as a weekly round up here, and via our Twitter feeds – @engage2govern & @emotivate during the week.
- Charter for Public Participation – a guide to assist agencies and promote citizen engagement was released by Elizabeth Tydd, NSW Information Commissioner in June, to embed public participation core business, opening the doors for Open Government.
- Speakers for the Public Sector Network’s Digital Government conference have been announced.
- Citizen involvement with Participatory Budgeting processes is increasing voter turn out.
- The Mandarin discusses how Australia aims to be one of the top three digital governments in the world.
- Nesta have a draft framework about helping cultural change in government.
Estimates for urban population have been very wrong, with far more people living in urban areas than estimated by the UN.
- The Annual Lecture of the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce) spoke on the topic of renewal of democracy. Matthew Taylor’s 12th Chief Executive’s lecture makes a strong case for a step-change in the use of deliberative democracy in the UK.
Thanks for reading! Head over to the engage2 Blog for more news, thoughts and handy resources.
Thanks for reading,
Hannah and the engage2 Team